STATEMENT OF NEAL CHASE, GUARDIAN
March 21, 2005
Thou hast said, “I have made a Covenant with my chosen one, I have
sworn to David my servant: ‘I will establish your descendants forever
[Aghsan], and build your throne for all generations.'”
(Psalms 89:3, 4 RSV)
“The Ancient Beauty ruleth upon the throne of David.
Thus hath my pen spoken that which the
histories of bygone ages have related.”
(Proclamation of Baha'u'llah, p. 89)
I, Neal Chase ben Joseph Aghsan, current living president of the IBC/UHJ declare under penalty of perjury that the following is true and correct:
1. The Baha'i Religious Faith has been under continued attack and assault since the days of its inception in Iran (Persia) at the time of the appearance the Bab and Baha'u'llah in 1844 and 1863 AD. Today these still come in the form of “lawsuit” aggression.
2. The family of Baha'u'llah and ‘Abdu'l-Baha are the continuation of the throne line of King David, that was moved out of Israel by Nebuchadnezzar circa 597 BC and transferred to Iran (Persia) by Cyrus the Great, circa 536 BC. This family, known as “exilarchs”, exiled monarchs of King David, continued in that area until the most famous Exilarch Bostanai, moved the family and the throne to the province of Mazindaran, in the vicinity of Nur, near Teheran, the birth place of Baha'u'llah from this line. The acceptance of the continuation of the throne of David that is promised by God to last forever, therefore, is the foundation of Baha'i belief.
3. Baha'u'llah made a strong Covenant appointing ‘Abdu'l-Baha to succeed him to the throne. ‘Abdu'l-Baha having no natural sons that survived, adopted an American, Charles Mason Remey, to be his son to succeed him to that same throne. This line of sons from Baha'u'llah and ‘Abdu'l-Baha is called in Persian/Arabic AGHSAN, and literally means branches (Exhibit 1). Those who were originally braches or aghsan of the line of Baha'u'llah broke the Covenant and were removed as “hatam”, a term meaning ‘fallen branch' or ‘firewood'.
4. In the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha which is the Charter for the Universal House of Justice of Baha'u'llah, the line of aghsan, of King David, is continued on in a strong Covenant as the presidents and irremovable members for life of the Universal House of Justice. The phrase “member for life” is translated into English by Shoghi Effendi and actually contains the Arabic term explicitly stating “irremovable” member for life. (Exhibit 2). Thus this Covenant that God gave to King David in the Bible, that was inherited by the family of Baha'u'llah and ‘Abdu'l-Baha, that the throne and lineage of David shall last forever, is again continued and upheld and preserved in the sacred Charter of the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha. Without the living executive of the person of the aghsan-president, there can be no Universal House of Justice. All original intent from the time of King David himself (circa 1000 BC), as annunciated in the prophecy of Isaiah chapter 2, 9 and 11, (circa 700 BC), prophecies as believed by Baha'u'llah that pertained to Himself and his son ‘Abdu'l-Baha (the Ancient root and the Most Great Branch: Isaiah 11) shows the preparation for the true Universal House of Justice of Baha'u'llah to be established only with the aghsan descendant as its “irremovable member for life of that body” (Will and Testament, p. 14, 15).
5. At the time of the passing of Shoghi Effendi, all of the natural aghsan were either dead or removed as “hatam” by Shoghi Effendi himself for violation of the Covenant accept for ‘Abdu'l-Baha's son Mason Remey. This is one of three undisputed facts signed by Mason Remey in his agreement with the other members of the UHJ in 1957 (see signatures Exhibit 3), and others who were known as “hands”.
6. In that Covenant made with Mason Remey, the other members of the UHJ and the “hands” agreed that 1): “The Aghsan (branches) [not including Mason] one and all are either dead or have been declared violators [hatam] of the Covenant by the Guardian for their faithlessness to the Master's Will and Testament and their hostility to him named first Guardian in that sacred document”; 2) Shoghi Effendi being “unique” (Will and Testament, page 3) as he was descended from Muhammad, collateral to the Bab, in the male line (having therefore not inherited the throne of David, as he was ‘Abdu'l-Baha grandson through a daughter), and therefore of the lineages of the Imams: “had left no heir” and therefore had no personal “successor…appointed by him” to inherit the Imami Authority, as Shoghi was unique; and 3) they all agreed with Mason, heir and successor to ‘Abdu'l-Baha to the throne of David as president of the IBC/UHJ not to interfere in the least with Shoghi Effendi's explicit instructions for that body to evolve in all its stages with Mason as the permanent and irremovable member for life:
7. “As to the International Baha'i Council, appointed by the Guardian and heralded in his communications to the Baha'i world, that body [the embryonic UHJ] will in the course of time finally fulfill its purpose through the formation [into an elected body; “efflorescence” (Jan. 9, 1951 Constitution)] of the Universal House of Justice, that supreme body upon which infallibility, as the Master's Testament assures us, is divinely conferred: ‘The source of all good and freed from all error.'…Meanwhile, [as per their written and signed Covenant with Mason that they violated in November of 1959] the entire body of the Hands assembled by the nine Hands [Mason inclusive at the head of them] of the World Center will decide when and how the International Baha'i Council is to evolve through the successive stages outlined by the Guardian [per the explicit instructions of the Jan. 9, 1951 Constitution, and the provisions of the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha on page 154, that Mason, aghsan, is the irremovable member for life of that body] culminating in the call to election of the Universal House of Justice by the membership of all national Spiritual Assemblies [which were all subsequently destroyed and removed out from under the CHARTER of the Will in Article II of their bylaws after the violation of 1959-60].”
8. Thus on these three undisputed points, 1) Shoghi Effendi was unique having no heir; 2) all the other aghsan were dead, except Mason obviously that signed that document with them, the heir of ‘Abdu'l-Baha, and 3) they all agreed with Mason to follow the Covenant and of the Will and Constitution of January 9, 1951. They so broke their Covenant, went against Shoghi Effendi (and thereby went against God, W&T, p. 10) when they threw out the four stage plan (Jan. 9, 1951 Const.) with ‘Abdu'l-Baha's son Mason and his heirs and continued aghsan descendants as the irremovable president and executives for life of that body.
9. After separating themselves from the true UHJ, they then proceeded to change all the Declaration Cards, and all the Articles of Incorporation of all the NSA's worldwide taking them one and all (and all locals as well with them) out from under the provisions of the Covenant of the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha. Thus Mason was forced to expel them, as ratified and upheld by the adjudication of the full body of the IBC/UHJ.
10. Today only about 144,000 people remain under the provisions of the Covenant, scattered all throughout the world, (Our main business being in re-gathering them unto the throne, and continuing with the 10 Year Plan), Mason passing the inheritance of the presidency of the UHJ and the throne of David onto his son Pepe, who then passed this onto me in 1991. I am a natural branch (Jewish) from the same family of Baha'u'llah and ‘Abdu'l-Baha, not of those who ever broke the Covenant, grafted back in, as foretold in the Baha'i writings and the written testimony of Mason Remey, the son of ‘Abdu'l-Baha. We have National and Continental centers located all throughout the world in North and South America; Africa; the Middle East, Europe, Asia, Australia, India, Iran, England & France, Russia and the United States, as well as over 30 state and local centers throughout the United States alone.
11. Attached to this Statement, which I under the penalty of law declare is right and true, is supplementary material pertaining the adoption and inheritance of being passed on down from ‘Abdu'l-Baha to Mason Remey, as his aghsan-son, giving his bone fides to the continuation of the aghsan line of King David seated on the throne to this very day.
12. From the time of Baha'u'llah forward, and before that in the prophecy of the Hebrew Isaiah, it has always been intended for the true believers to use UHJ as an acronym for the Universal House of Justice that can only exist in inseparable conjunction with its head and president the living descendant of David through Baha'u'llah, ‘Abdu'l-Baha and Mason entitled aghsan, to this very day. This is the rock and foundation of belief for all Baha'is who remain loyal under the provisions of the Covenant everywhere, loyal and steadfast that is to every single provision of the Master's sacred Will:
13. “And there was seen in His temple the ark of His Testament" - that is to say, the Book of His Testament will appear in His Jerusalem, the Epistle of the Covenant will be established, and the meaning of the Testament and of the Covenant will become evident. The renown of God will overspread the East and West, and the proclamation of the Cause of God will fill the world. The violators of the Covenant will be degraded and dispersed, and the faithful cherished and glorified, for they cling to the Book of the Testament and are firm and steadfast in the Covenant.” (‘Abdu'l-Baha, Some Answered Questions, p. 60)
Neal Chase, president.
March 21, 2005, Naw Ruz.
Other Selected Annexes
1. The Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha is the Final Document for the settlement of all Baha'i religious property disputes.
2. From the moment of the ascension of ‘Abdu'l-Baha on November 28, 1921, the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha, THE CHARTER, (along with the Kitab-i-Ahd, the “Book of the Covenant” of Baha'u'llah) have been called forth as two testamentary witnesses for the foundation, legal basis and settlement of all Baha'i dispute.
3. “The statement enclosed with this dispatch was published in the official gazette the Palestine Weekly on June 23 1922: ‘After the death of Sir Abbas Effendi Abdel Baha, a claim was made by his eldest [of all the younger] brother to be given custody of the Shrine of Baha'u'llah at Acre. This claim was keenly opposed by members of the Baha'i Community as being contrary to the testamentary dispositions [delineated in the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha] of the late Sir Abbas Effendi [‘Abdu'l-Baha] and to the latter's interpretation of the will [Kitab-i-Ahd] of Baha ‘Ullah.” (cf. Momen, p. 456: Exhibit 1).
4. Again in 1952, the Authority of the provisions of the CHARTER of the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha were challenged in court (Exhibit 2), and finally in 1957, the provisions of the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha were again upheld in yet another suit by the Covenant-breakers (Complainant) against the Respondent and the Baha'i religious property in question was again preserved and protected (Exhibit 3), only to again immediately be usurped by the violators (Complainant) in the great Violation of 1960, when they rejected the Universal House of Justice, established on January 9, 1951, with ‘Abdu'l-Baha's son, Mason, Aghsan as it president. The violators throughout Baha'i history have continually occupied and possess the religious property from time to time. The illegal possession of “Baha'i property” by the violators, and/or majority opinion, is no proof that they are “Baha'i” as Muhammad-Ali arch-violator in the days of ‘Abdu'l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi had claimed. No. The proof is the legal provisions of the sacred Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha that provides for the continued successor and successors to Baha'u'llah, ‘Abdu'l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi in the Institution of the true UHJ with the lineage of aghsan presidents seated upon the throne of King David, which is to last forever, as its irremovable executive “member for life of that body.” (W&T, pp. 14-15).
5. In the days of ‘Abdu'l-Baha, Muhammad-Ali, and the majority who followed him claiming to be “faithful and Baha'i” (see ‘Abdu'l-Baha's Last Tablet to America on this point: Exhibit 3 4, 21) possessed the p[property of the holy shines at Bahji in Israel, and all the original writings of Baha'u'llah in His own handwriting and His own pen contained in the two trunks, Muhammad-Ali had stolen from ‘Abdu'l-Baha, yet they were al in Violation of the legal provisions of the Covenant of the Will of Baha'u'llah (Kitab-i-Ahd) and therefore not Baha'i at all.
6. More of the history of the CHARTER of the Will and its function as the
Final Authoritative Document is given again by Shoghi Effendi in his monumental
work the history and teachings of the Baha'i Faith, God Passes By (Exhibit
1. The current Incorporated “NSA” (Complainant) is not the same entity and original true NSA that was established during the ministry of Shoghi Effendi.
2. A close look at Article II of the Articles of Incorporation shows that after the violation in 1960, these ones took their administration out from under the provisions of the legal Charter of the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha.
3. The original genuine Articles of Incorporation reads: “…according to the principles of Baha'i affiliation and administration created and established by Baha'u'llah, defined and explained by ‘Abdu'l-Baha, and amplified and applied by Shoghi Effendi and his duly Constituted successor and successors under the provisions of the Will and testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha.” (Article II: See Exhibit-1)
4. Of which the IBC/UHJ Constituted and established on Jan.9, 1951 with the aghsan president, the son of ‘Abdu'l-Baha, alone fulfills as the true and legal successor according to the provisions of the Charter of the Will.
5. The Changed Articles of Incorporation, published, as “Model Articles” is in reality a confession of the violation for those who understand the Laws of the Charter and the Laws of true legitimate Incorporation under the power of the Charter. They so confess their own violation and proclaim themselves, as a corporation, not under the Charter: “…according to the principles of Baha'i affiliation and administration created and established by Baha'u'llah, defined and explained by ‘Abdu'l-Baha, and interpreted and amplified by Shoghi Effendi and supplemented and applied by the [sic] ‘Universal [no aghsan-president] House of Justice' [i.e. NOT his duly Constituted successor and successors under the provisions of the Will and testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha ]”(“new” Altered Post 1960 Article II: See Exhibit 2)
6. Furthermore notice the subtle switcheroo on the use of the word “applied”. In the original it was “applied” by Shoghi Effendi, meaning that the Constitution of January 9, 1951 of the true Universal House of Justice was to be mandatorily “applied” in all its four stages with Mason, Aghsan, the son of ‘Abdu'l-Baha and his aghsan successors as its irremovable president (head) and “member for life of that body” (W&T, p. 14).
7. In the altered “Article II” the January 9th Constitution of Shoghi Effendi is no longer “applied”, but it scrapped and something else, a headless fraud masquerading as “UHJ” clearly outside the provisions of the successorship under the Charter of the Will and Testament is now “applied” in the place of true and genuine IBC/UHJ Shoghi Effendi himself constituted and established on January 9, 1951. Thus by the subtlest of subtle means they manifested their deception. Many innocent people are just not savvy to this and have fallen prey to it, unawares. Others are the perpetrators and defenders of this subtlest of usurpations.
8. Not only is this true for their “Model Articles”, but by 1994, this change has been Officially Registered as the change out from under the Charter by the bogus “NSA” of the Complainant. Their Official Article II, betrays their violation and reads as follows: “…according to the principles of Baha'i affiliation and administration created and established by Baha'u'llah, defined and explained by ‘Abdu'l-Baha, and interpreted and amplified by Shoghi Effendi and supplemented and applied by the [sic] ‘Universal [no aghsan-president] House of Justice'” (“new” Altered Post 1960 Article II: See Exhibit 3)
9. See how subtle these ones are in their violation of the Covenant! They would have to be subtle in their violation; otherwise they would not be able to deflect the entire mass of the people away from the Covenant of God.
10. Their Declarations Cards (see Exhibit 4) have likewise been changed immediately after the violation in 1960, removing the Original essential clause of BELIEF: “…as set for in ‘Abdu'l-Baha's Testament… loyal and steadfast adherence to every clause of our Beloved's sacred Will” Thus making their own “new” followers, people who in ignorance, trickery and deceit are fooled into signing and joining an “administration” they think is “Baha'i” yet is not under the provisions of the Charter of the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha at all!
11. In this light, the Complainant's people are not the “believers” and the Complainant itself, “NSA” is not the real original and genuine NSA that before the violation of 1960 had the rights, under the provisions of the Covenant to the trademarks such as “Baha'i” for the first half of the 20th Century. They are defrauding the public.
12. By their own confession on their “Declaration Cards” and in their altered “Articles of Incorporation” they are not under the provisions of the Covenant of the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha, and they are, therefore, not the Baha'i people and they are, therefore, not the Baha'i administration under the protection and provisions of the Covenant of the Charter of the Will and Testament of ‘Abdu'l-Baha.
13. “Reflections such as these should steel the resolve of the entire
Baha'i community, should dissipate their forebodings, and arouse them to rededicate
themselves to every single provision of that Divine Charter whose outline
has been delineated for them by the pen of Abdu'l-Baha.” (Shoghi Effendi,
The Advent of Divine Justice, page: 73)
1. Statements such as "Armageddon" (Exhibit 1) and "Day of Doom" (Exhibit 2) are not innovations used by the Respondent, but by ‘Abdu'l-Baha.
2. ‘Abdu'l-Baha speaks of "Armageddon" as starting in 1914 referring to the over 100 years war from then until now including the War on Terror. One form of terrorism is for the majority to suppress the religious freedoms and rights of the minority. As the Complainant sees its self as the majority, they are attempting to marginalize and suppress the rights of the Respondent. The global system being established today is meant to be spiritualized, that is uphold the rights and freedoms of all the people, freedom of religion, and freedom of worship, academic freedom, and the freedom of alternative views, etc. These are the sacred principles enshrined within the Baha'i Cause that are upheld and defended by the true IBC/UHJ, the Respondent, with the Davidic King as its president.
3. Through earth changes and international crisis and upheaval, true spiritual world order will emerge with justice and fairness for all, as it is written: "they shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into the pruning hooks, nation will not lift up sword against nation nor will they learn war any more" (Isaiah 2:2) The Complainant is acting in bad faith and has no right to attach these slurs and "buzz words" against us, when the explanations of these prophecies and warnings come from the explicit texts of Baha'u'llah, ‘Abdu'l-Baha and Shoghi Effendi themselves, which warn us, in Books such as the Promised Day has Come (Exhibit 3) and the Advent of Divine Justice (Exhibit 4) that if their be no rule of law, when Covenants are broken catastrophes result.